Baptism and Sacraments for INFANTS TO Teens
Sacraments are ceremonies or acts that gives us an outward or visible sign of divine grace. Grace, put simply is God's life within us. The grace we receive in the sacraments are what feed a Catholic's life so they can joyfully enter into life's journey and share that joy with others.
Sacraments are celebrated in well-known rituals that mark major points in a Catholic's journey from birth to death. The Sacraments of Initiation are Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. We are born anew by Baptism, strengthened by Confirmation, and nourished in the Eucharist.
Baptism FOR INFANTS AND CHILDREN
Families wishing to baptize their infants or children in 3rd grade or lower are asked to be registered and participating parishioners. Registration forms may be obtained at the parish office. Parents seeking to baptize their child must first make an appointment with the Coordinator of Religious Education (Dee Tamminen at email@example.com). CLICK HERE to fill out our Baptism Registration form and we will contact you to schedule an initial conversation about the baptism and to obtain information necessary for the sacramental record. This opening conversation must take place at least one full week before the baptism preparation class (see schedule to the right) which should be attended by the parents, and the godparents if possible. More information will be shared at that initial meeting.
Sacraments for Children/Teens GRADES 4-12
The process of receiving sacraments for those in 4th through 12th grades is called the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCI-C). This process is for UNBAPTIZED children and teens. To simplify the process, we also instruct Catholic (already baptized) children and teens needing other sacraments in the same program. Parents seeking to enroll their child in grades 4-12 for sacraments must CLICK HERE and fill out our registration form and you will be contacted to schedule an initial conversation about your needs. Children and teens in the 4th grade and above who need any of their Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, & Eucharist) must:
- Be registered in a Parish Religious Education Program
- Attend their RE classes AND our Sacramental Preparation program classes (see schedule to the right)
GODPARENTS & SPONSORS
If you have been asked to be a godparent or confirmation sponsor, please fill out this form.
Baptism Class SCHEDULE
Each class is held from 6:30pm to 8pm in the Pope John XXIII Room.
- November 5,2018 (for Baptisms on Nov. 17, 2018)
- January 7, 2019 (for Baptisms on Jan. 19, 2019)
- March 4, 2019 (for Baptisms on Match 16, 2019)
- May 6, 2019 (for Baptisms on May 18, 2019)
2018-19 RCI-C CLASS SCHEDULE
All classes are from 11:15am (following the 10am Mass) to 12:45pm and are held in the Pope John XXIII Learning Center.
- Sun Nov 18, 2018 - RCI-C Class #1
- Sun Dec 2, 2018 - RCI-C Class #2
- Sun Dec 9, 2018 - RCI-C Class #3
- Sun Jan 13, 2019 - RCI-C Class #4
- Sun Jan 27, 2019 - RCI-C Class #5
- Sat Feb 2, 2019 - Sacraments Retreat (9am – 1pm in Philip Hall)
- Sun Feb 10, 2019 - RCI-C Class #6
- Sun Feb 24, 2019 - RCI-C Class #7
- Sun Mar 3, 2019 - RCI-C Class #8
- Sun Mar 24, 2019 - RCI-C Class #9
- Sun Apr 7, 2019 - RCI-C Class #10
- Sun Apr 14, 2019 - RCI-C Class #11
- Sat Apr 20, 2019 - Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist for Unbaptized
- TBD - First Reconciliation
- TBD - Confirmation and First Eucharist for Baptized