Baptism and Sacraments for INFANTS TO Teens
Sacraments are ceremonies or acts that gives us an outward or visible sign of divine grace. Grace, put simply is God's life within us. The grace we receive in the sacraments are what feed a Catholic's life so they can joyfully enter into life's journey and share that joy with others.
Sacraments are celebrated in well-known rituals that mark major points in a Catholic's journey from birth to death. The Sacraments of Initiation are Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. We are born anew by Baptism, strengthened by Confirmation, and nourished in the Eucharist.
Baptism FOR INFANTS AND CHILDREN
Families wishing to baptize their infants or children in 3rd grade or lower are asked to be registered and participating parishioners. Registration forms may be obtained at the parish office. Parents seeking to baptize their child must first make an appointment with the Coordinator of Religious Education (Dee Tamminen at firstname.lastname@example.org). CLICK HERE to fill out our Baptism Registration for and we will contact you to schedule an initial conversation about the baptism and to obtain information necessary for the sacramental record. This opening conversation must take place at least one full week before the baptism preparation class (see schedule to the right) which should be attended by the parents, and the godparents if possible. More information will be shared at that initial meeting.
Sacraments for Children/Teens GRADES 4-12
The process of receiving sacraments for those in 4th through 12th grades is called the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCI-C). This process is for UNBAPTIZED children and teens. To simplify the process, we also instruct Catholic (already baptized) children and teens needing other sacraments in the same program. Parents seeking to enroll their child in grades 4-12 for sacraments must CLICK HERE and fill out our registration form and you will be contacted to schedule an initial conversation about your needs. Children and teens in the 4th grade and above who need any of their Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, & Eucharist) must:
- Be registered in a Parish Religious Education Program
- Attend their RE classes AND our Sacramental Preparation program classes (see schedule to the right)
Baptism Class SCHEDULE
Each class is held from 6:30pm to 8pm in the Pope John XXIII Room.
- Mon, Sep 25, 2017
- Mon, Nov 20, 2017
- Mon Feb 5, 2018
- Mon Apr 23, 2018
RCI-C CLASS SCHEDULE
All classes are from 11:15am (following the 10am Mass) to 12:45pm and are held in the Pope John XXIII Learning Center.
- Sun Oct 15, 2017 - RCI-C Class #1 Welcome
- Sun Oct 22, 2017 - RCI-C Class #2
- Sun Nov 12, 2017 - RCI-C Class #3
- Sun Nov 19, 2017 - RCI-C Class #4
- Sun Dec 3, 2017 - RCI-C Class #5
- Sat Dec 9, 2017 - First Reconciliation for Baptized (10am in the Church)
- Sat Dec 16, 2017 - Parish Service Project (9am - 12pm)
- Sun Dec 17, 2017 - RCI-C Class #6
- Sun Jan 21, 2018 - RCI-C Class #7
- Sun Jan 28, 2018 - RCI-C Class #8
- Sat Feb 3, 2018 - Sacraments Retreat (9am - 1pm)
- Sun Feb 11, 2018 - RCI-C Class #9
- Sun Feb 25, 2018 - RCI-C Class #10
- Sat Mar 17, 2018 - Parish Service Project (9am - 12pm)
- Sun Mar 18, 2018 - RCI-C Class #11
- Sun Mar 25, 2018 - RCI-C Class #12 (Practice)