Religious Education for Pre-K through 5th Grade
Our mission is to help Catholics of all ages grow in their faith with the Gospels as our guide in a dynamic and engaging way. Our Resurrection Religious Education Program is centered in Christ to build a foundation of faith in partnership with parents. That foundation will continue to grow in our children's knowledge of God and the Roman Catholic Church as they build God's kingdom on earth.
- Traditional classroom style instruction for children from pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade on Tuesday evenings from 6:00pm to 7:15pm.
- Our Tuesday night program includes sacramental preparation for Reconciliation (2nd Grade) and Confirmation and First Eucharist (3rd Grade).
- Registration: We now offer online registration that you may access by clicking here. You may also obtain a paper form from the Parish Office or the Religous Education Office. Pre-K children through 12th grade students all use the same registration form. NO child will be turned away due to an inability to pay the fees in full. Please email our RE coordinator if you have financial needs we can help you meet.
- Stay Informed: Parents can stay informed with ongoing RE programs by signing up for RE and class specific updates at flocknote.com/resurrectionaz or text resurrectionaz to 84576.
- Sacramental Preparation: For those who are in 4th and 5th grades who still need to receive sacraments (Baptism, Reconciliation, Confirmation, First Eucharist). This is a separate program held on Sunday mornings after the last morning Mass with classes beginning Sunday, October 15, 2017. Please see Sacramental Preparation for more information. These classes are IN ADDITION to regular scheduled classes in grades pre-K through 12th grade.
PRE-K - 5TH GRADE SCHEDULE
All classes are from 6pm to 7:15pm in assigned classrooms unless otherwise noted.
- Sun Sep 10 - Welcome Back Cookout (6PM in Philip Hall)
- Tue Sep 12 - Family Night #1 (6pm in Philip Hall)
- Tue Sep 19 - RE Class #1
- Tue Sep 26 - RE Class #2
- Tue Oct 3 - RE Class #3
- Tue Oct 24 - RE Class #4
- Tue Oct 24 - Parent Night (6pm in Philip Hall)
- Tue Nov 7 - RE Class #5
- Tue Nov 14 - RE Class #6
- Tue Nov 28 - Family Night #2 (6pm in Philip Hall)
- Tue Dec 5 - RE Class #7
- Sat Dec 9 - First Reconciliation for 2nd Grade (10am in the Church)
- Tue Dec 12 - RE Class #8
- Sat Dec 16 - Parish Service Project (9am – 12pm)
- Tue Jan 23 - RE Class #9
- Tue Jan 30 - RE Class #10
- Sat Feb 3 - 3rd Grade Sacraments Retreat (9am – 1pm in Philip Hall)
- Tue Feb 6 - RE Class #11
- Tue Feb 13 - Family Night #3 (6pm in Philip Hall)
- Tue Feb 27 - RE Class #12
- Sat Mar 17 - Parish Service Project (9am – 12pm)
- Tue Mar 20 - RE Class #13
- Tue Mar 20 - Parent Night (6pm in Philip Hall)
- Tue Mar 27 - RE Class #14
- Tue Apr 10 - RE Class #15
- Fri Apr 13 - Confirmation and First Eucharist for 3rd Grade
- Tue Apr 17 - RE Class #16
- Sun Apr 22 - End of Year Carnival (3pm – 5pm)